2016 Miss Homecoming Top 5 announced

The 2016 Miss Homecoming Top 5 call-outs were held on Wednesday, Aug. 31 at 9 p.m. on Cater Lawn following each nominees' interview earlier in the day.

Lucy Anne Link, SGA executive director of elections, announced the Top 5 who will campaign to win on Saturday, Oct. 1 during Halftime at the Auburn verses Louisiana-Monroe football game.

The 2016 Miss Homecoming Top 5 candidates are Kelsey Guyan, Victoria Starks, Leah Bostany, Kate Hardman and Maggie Smith.

Kesley Guyan, psychology senior, said she can't believe she was chosen to be in the Top 5.

"I feel like my whole world is flipped upside down in a good way," Guyan said. "I've been nervous all day and the fact that there have been so many amazing women that did this and we're the ones chosen for this...it's just the opportunity of a lifetime. I'm honestly speechless."

Victoria Starks, nutrition science senior, said she couldn't stop smiling after her name was called.

"I'm extremely honored and speechless," Starks said. "I can't stop smiling from ear-to-ear."

Leah Bostany, biomedical sciences senior, said she's looking forward to getting started on her platform.

"This is so unreal and I just can't believe that I'm standing with those four other amazing women," Bostany said. "Obviously there's a lot of work ahead, but I'm so passionate about my platform...it's just all thanks to God."

Kate Hardman, nursing senior, said she's eager to meet people during the process of campaigning and promoting her platform.

"Wow, I am completely blown away and honored to be in this position," Hardman said. "I can't wait to honor the women of Chi Omega and meet so many students on this campus in the process."

Maggie Smith, human development and family studies senior, said she is both speechless and excited.

"I cannot express how thrilled and honored I am to get to share my platform and heart with Auburn's campus," Smith said. "I am so excited for this opportunity to be a part of the homecoming tradition."

Share and discuss “2016 Miss Homecoming Top 5 announced” on social media.