Auburn man charged with kidnapping, assaulting co-worker

Police arrested an Auburn man Tuesday on charges including kidnapping and assaulting a co-worker.

David R. Brewer II, 35, is charged with second-degree kidnapping, third-degree assault and reckless endangerment after a days-long police investigation found he kidnapped an incapacitated co-worker after close.

On Saturday afternoon, Auburn police responded to assist paramedics with an unresponsive woman in a car in a parking lot on the 1600 block of Opelika Road, according to an Auburn Police Division press release.

After being treated on the scene, the 27-year-old female was brought to East Alabama Medical Center emergency room where she was treated for dehydration, minor bruises and abrasions and later released.

Further investigation found that Brewer and the victim both worked at a restaurant in the 1600 block of Opelika Road.

Video surveillance footage showed that Brewer took the incapacitated woman from the business after it is was closed early Saturday morning, placed her into his car and left with her.

The victim was discovered hours later inside of her locked car in a nearby parking lot, still incapacitated and suffering from dehydration, minor bruises and abrasions, the release states.

Police found Brewer at his Auburn home and took him into custody with warrants charging him with second-degree kidnapping, third-degree assault and reckless endangerment.

The case remains under investigation and additional charges are possible, police said.

Brewer was transported to the Lee County Jail where he is being held at a $27,000 bond.

Share and discuss “Auburn man charged with kidnapping, assaulting co-worker” on social media.