Robbery reported on Toomer Street

The Auburn Police Division is investigating a robbery that reportedly occurred near the Lambda Chi house on Toomer Street this morning, according to a University public safety notice.

The victim reported that she and two male friends were walking when two black males attempted to forcibly take her cell phone from her, the public safety notice reads. The victim was not injured during the robbery. No weapons were seen or used.

One suspect was immediately apprehended and is in custody. The other suspect was last seen running eastbound on West Magnolia Avenue toward McDonald's. He is described as a young black male, possibly in his teens. He was wearing a white shirt with a tear in it and gray pants, with short hair in twists.

The reported robbery occurred at approximately 1:45 a.m.

Auburn Public Safety reminded students of the following:
• Stay alert to your surroundings and walk with friends, especially at night.
• Use available means of transportation such as the Night Security Shuttle (available on campus at 334-844-7400 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. while classes are in session), a local taxi service, or Uber.
• Trust your instincts. If you do not feel comfortable in a place or situation, leave.
• If you see suspicious activity or a person behaving suspiciously, notify police at 911 (emergencies or crimes in progress), 334-501-3100 (non-emergencies) or 334-246-1391 (tip line - text or call).
If you have any information about this incident, please notify the Auburn Police Division using the tip line.

Share and discuss “Robbery reported on Toomer Street ” on social media.