SGA prepares for syllabus bank rollout

Student Government appointed its new committee chairs as well as various council positions in individual schools. 

Though the 2017-18 committee chairs have been fully active for several weeks, Liberal Arts Senator and President Pro Tempore Schyler Burney presented and successfully passed the bill, previously discussed at last week’s future orders of business, to formally appoint the chairs.

Chairs include Bailey Sullivan on academic affairs, Dixon Simmons on budget and finance, Emily Stone on code of laws, Michael O’Key on inclusion and diversity and Hannah Clarke on student affairs. 

SGA also passed school council appointment bills, including the appointment of Brandon Burgess as vice president of the college of liberal arts council and Sophie Brint as president of the school of nursing council.

SGA Vice President Justin Smith said SGA members should receive information to prepare for the rollout of the long-gestating syllabus bank project.

Smith said senators would receive a “draft” of information to pass on to some of the university’s higher-up faculty.

“We need an email sent out to every associate dean and preferably to every department head in the college,” Smith said.

The syllabus bank was spearheaded by previous EVP of Initiatives Trey Fields in the 2016-2017 academic year. 

Its launch is scheduled to coincide with registration for fall and summer classes this spring semester.

Share and discuss “SGA prepares for syllabus bank rollout” on social media.