Alpha Gamma Delta wins Greek Sing 2017

The University Panhellenic Society hosted their annual Greek Sing on Tuesday, April 11, at 7 p.m. in the Auburn Arena. Alpha Gamma Delta won the competition with a themed dance titled "Running Down the Aisle."

The event was hosted by the Director of Greek Sing Lauren Campisi and IFC President Duncan Asbury.

Campisi said about $2,000 was raised for Habitat for Humanity this year through benefit nights. The money will be going to Lee County’s Habitat for Humanity.

Other than the dance itself, sororities gained points for Greek Sing through benefit night participation and volunteering for Habitat for Humanity workdays. 

“This year, not only will we be making a monetary donation, but we also had almost 200 Panhellenic women attend our Habitat workdays,” Campisi said.

Campisi said the proceeds from 2016 Greek Sing were able to build a house for a family in Auburn.

The Greek Sing Chairs of each Panhellenic sorority chapter choreographed dance numbers for their sororities.

The night ended with a performance from Best Buddies, an Auburn organization that matches people with intellectual disabilities with college students with the goal to create one-on-one friendships between the pairs.

See more winners below.

Second place: Alpha Delta Pi (Dollhouse)

Third place: Alpha Chi Omega (Alpha Space) and Alpha Omicron Pi (Alpha O Freak Show)

Fourth place: Chi Omega (Chi-O Construction Zone)

Facebook Photo Contest: Kappa Alpha Theta (USS Theta)

Creativity: Phi Mu (Welcome to the Candy Shop)

President’s Award: Delta Delta Delta (Fly Delta)

Share and discuss “Alpha Gamma Delta wins Greek Sing 2017” on social media.