Auburn police arrest man on felony charges of breaking and entering, theft of property

<p>Police tape on North Gay Street in Auburn, Ala., on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2016.&nbsp;</p>

Police tape on North Gay Street in Auburn, Ala., on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2016. 

On Sunday, Auburn police arrested Jarmarcus Phillips, 23, on felony warrants charging him with unlawful breaking and entering of a vehicle and third-degree theft of property, according to a release from the Auburn Police Division.

Police responded to a report of a suspicious person at 6 a.m. in the 200 block of West Magnolia Avenue.

Officers contacted Phillips, who police said was in possession of items later determined to have been stolen. He allegedly entered several unlocked vehicles parked in the 200 block of West Magnolia Avenue. Phillips was originally taken into custody on unrelated warrants.

Police said Phillips was in possession of a backpack, a wallet, textbooks and electronics valued at over $1,200. He was transported to the Lee County Jail where he was eligible for a $4,500 bond.

The investigation is ongoing. Police ask anyone with information to call detectives at 334-501-3140 or at the 24-hour non-emergency number 334-501-3100. Callers can also provide information anonymously on the tip line 334-246-1391.

Share and discuss “Auburn police arrest man on felony charges of breaking and entering, theft of property” on social media.