Former Auburn linebacker Tre' Threat will transfer to JSU

Threat received reps at both the tight end position on offense and the buck slot on defense

Auburn sophomore linebacker Tre' Threat will become the latest Tiger to transfer.

The linebacker/tight end hybrid announced on Tuesday morning that he will be moving on from the Auburn football program.

"I would just like to say thank you to the coaches, staff, and all of the supporters at Auburn University for blessing me with the opportunity to come play for such a wonderful university," Threat said in a tweet. "I will forever treasure the moments I had in such a great town. 

"However, after talking it over with my parents and coaches. I have come to the decision to officially transfer from Auburn University."

Threat received reps at both the tight end position on offense and the buck slot on defense. The former Under Armour All-American appeared in four games in the 2017 season. 

Threat has his best game vs. Alabama A&M in 2016, recording four total tackles, including a tackle for loss in the win.

AL.com's James Crepea reported on Tuesday, Jan. 16 that Threat will transfer to Jacksonville State to play defensive end and outside linebacker. The news comes a day after the Gamecocks landed former Auburn tight end Landon Rice. 

Share and discuss “Former Auburn linebacker Tre' Threat will transfer to JSU” on social media.