Former Auburn receiver Kyle Davis the newest incoming transfer at FAU

Davis finished his freshman campaign with 12 catches for 248 yards and two touchdowns

After being dismissed from the football program in October, former Auburn wide receiver Kyle Davis is reportedly transferring to FAU.

Davis’ father informed AL.com of his son’s decision on Thursday evening, following a report of the receiver’s intentions earlier in the day by Andrew Ivins of 247Sports.

Davis did not travel with Auburn’s team on its trip to LSU this past season, and head coach Gus Malzahn announced the former four-star recruit’s dismissal the Tuesday following the game.

The Lawrenceville, Georgia native arrived at Auburn as an early enrollee in 2016 and came in rated as the No. 10 receiver in the nation out of Archer High School. He played immediately, recording a 43-yard catch against Clemson and incredible one-handed grab for 42 yards against Arkansas State to begin the 2016 season.

Davis finished his freshman campaign with 12 catches for 248 yards and two touchdowns, but he then missed all of spring practice for personal reasons. 

After being one of multiple Auburn players to serve a suspension in the 2017 season opener, Davis recorded seven catches for 210 yards in the next five games before his dismissal.

Following the move by former Auburn quarterback and wide receiver John Franklin III during fall camp in August, Davis is the second former Tiger in the past five months to transfer to FAU. Franklin amassed 324 yards from scrimmage in his final season of college eligibility for the Owls, helping first-year head coach Lane Kiffin guide his team to an 11-3 record.

Share and discuss “Former Auburn receiver Kyle Davis the newest incoming transfer at FAU” on social media.