How to utilize Auburn's job finding resource, Handshake

Finding a job through Auburn, whether on campus or off, is now easier than ever with applications like Handshake. Handshake, originally called Tiger Recruiting Link, is connected directly to your Auburn Account, and setting up your handshake profile is incredibly quick and easy.

Step 1: Go to auburn.joinhandshake.com

Step 2: Create a profile

Log in with your Auburn information and create your profile. Here you can add information about your educational experience, previous work experience and what classes you’ve taken.

You’ll also be able to upload relevant documents like your cover letter and resume and link directly to your social media profiles like Instagram, Facebook, Vimeo, GitHub and Soundcloud profiles. If you have your own website you can link to that as well.

Step 3: Look for jobs that interest you

Now that you’ve got your profile set up, it’s time to start looking for jobs. You can go to the “Jobs” tab at the top of the page and click. On this page, you’ll see a lot of options for you to narrow down your search, like choosing between full and part-time employment, internships and on-campus jobs, to what city or zip code you are looking for a job in.

From here, narrow your search to find a job that you’d be interested in applying for.

Step 4: Apply for a job

When you click on a job, you’ll be taken to its page. Here a summary of the job, as well as a meter telling you if you meet the qualifications for the job based on your profile. Any relevant documents that need to be filled out can be found by scrolling down the page and in the box on the right. You can apply to the job easily by attaching your resume and the relevant documents needed for the job after clicking the apply button.

Now, you are on your way to getting a job.

Handshake is a great resource for all current and former Auburn students and is very easy to use. Best of luck on the job hunt.

Share and discuss “How to utilize Auburn's job finding resource, Handshake” on social media.