Kathryn Kennedy elected Miss Auburn 2018

Her message of embodying the Creed in every way possible resonated with the student body and gave her the role of Miss Auburn late Tuesday night

Surrounded by all members of her family, friends and now constituents, Kathryn Kennedy, junior in biomedical sciences, celebrated a Miss Auburn win. 

Her message of embodying the Creed in every way possible resonated with the student body and gave her the role of Miss Auburn late Tuesday night. 

"I am still in shock a little bit and it's all settling in, but honestly I feel so blessed and humbled," Kennedy said. "I am thankful for the student body and that they chose me."

Like the other candidates, Kennedy ran on a line of the creed that resonated with her. 

“I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all."

Running with the slogan, "Kathryn Kennedy Can," she stressed the student body's responsibility to live by the creed and focus on making Auburn home for many more students in the future. 

"I was kind of nervous going in and didn't know how campaigning would go, but it was honestly so much fun," Kennedy said. "It was very tiring and exhausting, but definitely worth it. The people I got to work with made it so worth it." 

Kennedy said the most memorable part of the process was seeing all of the people she loves campaigning for her and dedicating hours to her aspirations.  

She said she is thoroughly looking forward to representing the University and working with the War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen. 

Kennedy's family drove down from Birmingham to Callouts and she plans on spending her celebration time with them and her friends. She is looking forward to settling down for a nap before the transition begins. 

A bittersweet current Miss Auburn Ashley Moates expressed her excitement for Kennedy and said she was looking forward to getting down to business with the new hostess. 

"Kathryn Kennedy is going to be a wonderful ambassador and hostess for the University and I am so so proud of her," Moates said. 

Moates said she was pleased with all of the campaigns and felt that Auburn couldn't vote wrong because all of the candidates would have been wonderful for the job. 

Moates said the women had a challenge thrown at them with the campaign changes and all of them took the changes with grace. 

Share and discuss “Kathryn Kennedy elected Miss Auburn 2018” on social media.