Student arrested in connection with downtown graffiti reports

The Auburn Police Division arrested Elliott Tilten Glover, 20, from Auburn, on a charge of criminal mischief in the third degree

An Auburn student has been arrested and charged in connection with a string of downtown graffiti reports.

The Auburn Police Division arrested Elliott Tilten Glover, 20, from Auburn, on a charge of criminal mischief in the third degree.

According to the University's online database, Glover is a junior in chemical engineering.

Police officers were called on Feb. 19 and given several reports of criminal mischief. The reports, according to the police, said graffiti had been drawn over different buildings and structures in downtown.

The graffiti caused property damage and required city workers and businesses to spend time and money removing them or covering them up.

Video surveillance in the area reportedly captured Glove, police said. At the time, he was described by authorities and surveillance video as a white male with dark hair, white t-shirt and blue jeans.

Criminal mischief in the third-degree can result in a fine of several hundred dollars and jail time.

Glover was transported to the Lee County Jail where he was eligible for a $500 bond. The investigation is ongoing, police said, and additional arrests may be made.

Share and discuss “Student arrested in connection with downtown graffiti reports” on social media.