Auburn edge rusher Jeff Holland snubbed in draft, signs with Broncos

Holland finished third in the SEC in sacks as a first-year starter in 2017 and was voted first team All-SEC

Coming into the 2017 season, Jeff Holland was an afterthought on Auburn’s defensive line. Holland was given the tough task of replacing Carl Lawson, who had nine sacks in his final season at Auburn and was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals in 2017.

Any worries about replacing Lawson went away quickly as Holland went from Lawson’s understudy to on of the SEC’s best pass rushers.

The Jacksonville, Florida, native was surprisingly not selected in the draft however and signed an undrafted free agent contract with the Denver Broncos on Saturday.

Holland finished third in the SEC in sacks as a first-year starter in 2017 and was voted first team All-SEC. He was also a force in the run game, contributing 12.5 tackles for loss. Holland projected as a 3rd to 5th round talent in most mock drafts.

Holland starred in the buck position at Auburn, where he played a hybrid defensive end/linebacker role on the edge of the defensive line. But at just 6-foot-2 and 249 pounds, Holland is undersized for a defensive end, and will likely need to fully transition to outside linebacker at the next level.

Share and discuss “Auburn edge rusher Jeff Holland snubbed in draft, signs with Broncos ” on social media.