University fundraising campaign finishes with $1.2 billion

A total of 207 donors gave $1 million or more to the cause. Read more to see what your college contributed.

Auburn has raised more than $1.2 billion in their most successful campaign in history. Announced in Jordan-Hare Stadium on A-Day, the fundraising campaign surpassed the recent "This is Auburn" campaign that concluded on Dec. 31, 2017.

"This is Auburn" raised $1 billion and set a new standard for fundraising campaigns in the state. Funds from "This is Auburn" went to the creation of 2,108 scholarships and 106 chairs and professorships.

The donation period ran from April 1, 2008, to the end of last year. They raised a total of $1,202,549,730 through 467,708 gifts from 106,976 donors — 55 percent of who were first-time givers.

A total of 207 donors gave $1 million or more to the cause.

"Because This is Auburn was an extraordinary success on every level," said Jane DiFolco Parker, vice president for development and president of the Auburn University Foundation. "We reached our goal of $1 billion more than sixteen months early, and the Auburn Family continued their tremendous generosity through the end of the campaign. In addition to the tremendous philanthropic support we received, we were fortunate to have invaluable leadership from campaign co-chairs who shared a passionate belief in Auburn and in the importance of this campaign."

A third of the commitments and donations were contributed ensuring financial stability and future endeavors.

The raised funds from the first financial campaign went to students, faculty, program and facilities. Auburn Athletics raised the most for the campaign, hitting a whopping $282,220,697.

Over $9 million was donated from parents through the College of Sciences and Mathematics. Samuel Ginn College of Engineering raised the most of any academic unit, having rung in at $247,301,439. Seventy-one percent of funds raised by the College of Liberal Arts were from Auburn Alumni.

"The generosity of the Auburn Family has been amazing to see," said Auburn University President Steven Leath. "Nowhere is this philanthropic spirit more evident than in the success of "Because This is Auburn." We are positioned to become a world-class academic, research, and service university in the true spirit of our land-grant heritage."

For more donation numbers, click here.

Share and discuss “University fundraising campaign finishes with $1.2 billion” on social media.