​Melero, Wallace named to WCWS All-Tournament Team

Although the Tigers were defeated by Florida in the Women’s College World Series semi-finals, two Tigers earned the honor of being recognized as a part of the series’ All-Tournament team.

The remainder of the team included mostly final game participants from Florida and Michigan, and consists of 12 players total.

These remaining players were Michigan’s Abby Ramirez, Haylie Wagner, Sierra Romero and Kelly Christner. From Florida, Nicole DeWitt, Aubree Munro, Kelsey Stewart and Lauren Haeger made the team with Haeger taking home Tournament MVP honors. UCLA was the only other non-championship team to put a player on the list with pitcher Ally Carda.

In Auburn’s World Series run, Wallace hit a .462 with six hits, three of these hits for extra bases. Wallace tied for six RBI and slugged .692. In the 10-inning win over UCLA, May 30, the freshman went 2-for-4 with four RBI, both hits for doubles.

Melero hit an even .400 in the series with six hits, six RBI and Auburn's only home run, and was credited with the program’s first hit and first home run ever in the World Series.

Overall this season, Melero hit .313, notching 63 hits with 11 home runs and 64 RBI. In her collegiate career, Melero had the second-most hits in Auburn history (228), third-most runs scored (165) and most home runs by an Auburn player over a career (40). She also finished with 208 RBI becoming the only Auburn player to ever have 200 or more RBI in a career and only the tenth player in SEC history to achieve the 200 mark.

Auburn softball is now in the midst of its offseason, but will start preparing for the 2016 season in the fall.

Share and discuss “​Melero, Wallace named to WCWS All-Tournament Team” on social media.