Delta Sigma Phi's Miss Fall Rush Crowned Nov. 18

Molly Pinnix, freshman in communication, accepting her title as Delta Sigma Phi's Miss Fall Rush 2013

Auburn's Delta Sigma Phi fraternity held the 2013 Miss Fall Rush pageant Monday, Nov. 18, in the Auburn Arena.
After the deliberation, the hosts announced Molly Pinnix, freshman in communication and member of Alpha Chi Omega sorority, was crowned Auburn's 2013 Miss Fall Rush.
The event started at 7 p.m. and all going to benefit Delta Sigma Phi's philanthropy, March of Dimes.
There were 17 contestants competing against one another, each representing one of Auburn's sororities.
The contestants kicked off the pageant with a choreographed dance, as the opening act.
They were judged based off the three main events that took place during the pageant; game day wear, the talent competition and evening wear.
One of the contestants, Lizzie McLendon, freshman in biomedical science, was supporting the Delta Delta Delta sorority.
McLendon said she was a nervous going into the pageant, but ended up have a great time.
They spent many hours working to prepare for the pageant.
"We started working on it at the end of September," McLendon said. "We've been meeting twice a week, every week."
Supporting the Zeta Tau Alpha sorority, Macy Lang, freshman in pre nursing, was another contestant that was little nervous going into the competition.
"I was really nervous we were all going to be competitive, but we have all just been so loving towards each other and have supported each other through all of it," Lang said. "I'm just so blessed to have them in my life now."
The pageant raised $10,000 for the March of Dimes association.

Share and discuss “Delta Sigma Phi's Miss Fall Rush Crowned Nov. 18” on social media.