Campus coffee shops reveal students' favorite finals week drinks

<p>Students turn to campus coffee locations to perk up during finals week (Rachel Sprouse l Campus Writer).</p>

Students turn to campus coffee locations to perk up during finals week (Rachel Sprouse l Campus Writer).

Finals week has arrived and students are turning to on-campus coffee locations to survive.

Caribou Coffee's location has been busy since Saturday morning, according to Edward Hinderliter, a barista at Caribou. Because of its location within the library, many students pick up a cup of coffee while they are studying. Hinderliter, senior in microbiology, said it's been difficult to meet the demand since three people work behind the counter.

"Every other Saturday, we'd probably have ten customers," Hinderliter said. "This Saturday, just like every other finals week, we've got a line out the door."

Hinderliter said the most popular drinks for finals weeks have been Caribou's specialty drinks, which are Caribou's six staple drinks.

"Every single time, it's been one of the specialties," Hinderliter said. "White chocolate is also the most popular."

At Starbucks, the holiday drinks have been the most popular during finals week. Many students pop in to the location before and after their finals.

Myeshia Myers, shift supervisor at the student center Starbucks, said the three most popular drinks have been the peppermint mocha, caramel brulee latte and chestnut praline latte.

Myers said students have been purchasing holiday drinks or drinks that have shots of espresso in them.

"I think with espresso, that's what they're looking for" Myers said.

Not all of the holiday drink specials have been popular with students. The gingerbread flavored drinks are not as popular at Starbucks, according to Myers.

"That's the one we're not selling as much," Myers said. "I guess they're not liking the taste." 

Hinderliter said the lattes are not selling as much at Caribou.

"Lattes are much less popular because they're also bitter," Hinderliter said. "When you're stressed on finals week, bitter things aren't as appealing, so you go for the sugary goodness."

Share and discuss “Campus coffee shops reveal students' favorite finals week drinks ” on social media.