Rachel Sprouse l Campus Writer

Articles

COLUMN: The Generation without Communication

If you've seen the recent post about Chick-Fil-A "family challenge" circulating on Facebook, you know about the 150+ restaurants that allow families to lock up their cell phones for their entire meal in exchange for a free ice cream cone. 

Possible pedestrian plaza and other options discussed at open forum

Potential plans for the Mell Corridor were proposed in front of community members, students, faculty and staff in the Foy ballroom. Questionnaires were distributed for the audience to fill out as representatives from Facilities Management presented various alternatives for how the Mell Street space could be developed.

"University Presidents Speak" about their career paths and challenges they've faced

Members of the "University Presidents Speak" panel shared their experiences to a crowded ballroom at The Hotel at Auburn University and Dixon Conference Center Tuesday afternoon. Four panelists lined the stage, each sharing anecdotes from their careers and challenges they've faced as leaders. The panel, sponsored by the Auburn University Outreach/ Tuskegee Auburn Women's Leadership Alliance Symposium, Women’s Initiatives, Women’s Leadership Institute, Women’s Studies and the department of English, invited four female university presidents to share their experiences in their careers and personal lives to inspire others.

Dance Marathon set for Feb. 6

This year, AUDM has a public fundraising goal of $395,000. In AUDM's first four years, the organization fundraised $605,000, which is why it chose this year's goal to be that specific amount, according to Cory Brinkman, vice president of fundraising.

Simple dorm room recipes for cooking without a stove

Cooking can be daunting in a college dorm, especially if you've never done it before. Without the same regular access to a stove, oven and other appliances, it may seem impossible to cook for yourself on a college campus.

Vegan bar added as dining option

Located in Tiger Zone at Village Dining, the FIT Station offers vegan options for students who are looking for more vegetables or an alternative protein source for their meal. 

Media