I dressed in Auburn game day clothes for 5 days, this is what happened

I dressed like it was game day on The Plains for five days straight. It was fun, a little weird and mainly it hurt my feet.

People stared and I’m relatively certain that people were trying to take Snapchats of me. 

Day 1: We should all thank our lucky stars that we don’t have any 8 a.m. kick-offs in Jordan-Hare. I usually roll-up to my 8 a.m. class in athletic shorts and a T-shirt. If I woke up early enough, I may wear a tinted moisturizer, but I’m always wearing mascara. However, today was different. I got up, showered, blew out my hair and straightened it. I did full makeup and with 10 minutes to spare before I missed my bus to campus I threw on my favorite Free People game day dress with some OTBTs, grabbed my shaker and backpack. My professor didn’t ask questions but she did definitely give me “the look.”

Day 2: Today I got a little innovative. Instead of putting a sleeve on my morning Au Bon Pain coffee, I dressed the cup with an Auburn koozie and began the day. I highly recommend it because it stayed warm longer and the heat didn’t burn through the cup the way sleeves normally do. I dressed more casual since I had a longer day ahead of me with a striped orange and blue long sleeve shirt tucked into cream shorts with lace trim. People didn’t stare as much today, possibly because I attached my shaker to my backpack and it wasn’t as in the face as the day before.

Day 3: It’s starting to get colder and I was not fully prepared since I decided to wear shorts and an Auburn jersey. Fortunately, I had my Auburn Under Armour pullover hanging by the door to grab before I headed to campus for the day. I kept my shaker in my hand today and gave a few people a nice “War Eagle” on the concourse. I only got one enthusiastic reply, everyone else just avoided making eye contact with me. Now I understand what it’s like to work on the concourse to promote an event. 

Day 4: Studying is not as easy as it sounds when people are coming up to you asking why there’s a camera videotaping you study. The  blue dress and shaker I was using to press keys on the keyboard wasn't helping either. Truthfully, only two people actually asked me what I was doing. Many looked at me strangely, due to the fact that I was wearing "real clothes" on campus. So, I retreated back to my apartment and finished studying there.

Day 5: The final day has come. My feet hurt from wearing cowboy boots, OTBTs and heeled sandals for four days, but I pulled it together for one more. I took my dog, Ralph, to Kiesel Park wearing a cream, blue and orange long-sleeve romper and cowboy boots. I was originally wearing OTBTs but decided it was not the best idea to go to a dog park in heels. The romper was also a good choice since I could run around with my dog. Most importantly, I learned that shakers make great dog toys. I would shake it and my dog would try to jump up and get it. I would imagine this also works for cats.

All in all, this week made me realize it’s actually not too difficult to wear “real” clothes to class every day. It made me understand that OTBTs may be comfortable for a few hours, but are not meant to be worn for a week straight. I became very thankful that kick-offs will never be earlier than 11 a.m. and to those who took snapchats, @ me next time.

Share and discuss “I dressed in Auburn game day clothes for 5 days, this is what happened” on social media.