Junior guard TJ Lang to transfer from Auburn program

Auburn junior guard TJ Lang will transfer from the Tigers program, the Mobile, Alabama native announced Wednesday morning.

Lang announced his intent to transfer in a Twitter post, in which he thanked the University and the Auburn family.

“I would like to thank Auburn University for their support and accepting me as a member of the Auburn family,” Lang said on Twitter. “I will have great memories that will last a lifetime, and I have grown a lot as a person. I also want to thank the coaching staff for the opportunity I was given here at Auburn and my teammates for becoming my brothers forever.”

Lang arrived on the Plains as a product of McGill-Toolen High School in Mobile. Last season, the junior averaged 4.3 points per game and shot .395 from behind the three-point arc. He appeared in 29 games in the 2016-17 season, nine of which he started. Lang’s Twitter post reveals that the guard’s intentions are to finish his career “elsewhere.”

“But, after long consideration, I have decided to transfer and finish my college career elsewhere,” Lang said. “Auburn will always have a special place in my heart, and I will forever love the Auburn family. Thank you for a blessed three years! War Eagle!”

Lang joins former Auburn guard New Williams as the duo of Tigers in transfer in the last season. Williams announced his intent to leave the program back in December. Williams officially announced his transfer to Fresno State University in January. 

Share and discuss “Junior guard TJ Lang to transfer from Auburn program” on social media.