Auburn adds former 5-star Taliah Scott from transfer portal

SEC Tipoff'24, October 19, 2023 at the Grand Bohemian Hotel, Mountain Brook, Alabama.

Johnnie Harris and the Tigers have continued the positive momentum, after the program made its first appearance in the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2019, with their first transfer portal edition of the offseason adding Taliah Scott – a former five star prospect from Arkansas. 

Scott announced her signing on her personal social media platforms Sunday morning after telling Harris and the team of her commitment late Saturday night. 

Last season at Arkansas, Scott—a true freshman—averaged 22.1 points per game on an average of 36.4 minutes of action in her 20 total appearances. 

Scott missed a handful of games in January due to an injury and missed the rest of the season following Arkansas’ game against Tennessee on February 12th due to a serious family emergency that caused her to return home to Florida. 

The freshman guard had her best performance of conference play against Auburn on February 4th with 33 points and six made shots from deep in a season high 40 minutes on the floor in the Razorbacks’ 74-72 victory over the Tigers. 

Scott scored double figures in every SEC game she played and had single figures only once during her freshman season when she had nine points against Samford with only two made shots from the field. 

Harris will certainly look to utilize Scott’s shooting from beyond the arc next season after the true freshman shot 29.5% from deep and had four games of four or more makes from three last season.

Coming out of St. Johns Country Day School, Scott was named a McDonald’s All-American, Florida’s Gatorade Player of the Year and was a Naismith High School Girls Basketball honorable mention.

Scott averaged 36.2 points, 9.2 rebounds, 4.8 assists and 3.0 steals per game in her senior campaign for St. John’s Country Day School and racked up 47 points in her final high school game in the state semifinals.

The Orange Park, Fla native will look to fill the void that senior Honesty Scott-Grayson leaves after four seasons as the Tigers’ floor general. Scott-Grayson averaged double figures in scoring all four seasons at Auburn. 

Patrick Bingham | Sports Writer

Patrick is a sophomore from Auburn, Alabama, double majoring in journalism and marketing. He started with The Plainsman in fall 2022.

Share and discuss “Auburn adds former 5-star Taliah Scott from transfer portal” on social media.