Auburn defensive lineman Justin Rodgers drafted by Dallas Cowboys

<p>Justin Rogers (52), Marcus Harris (50) and Jayson Jones (99) standing at Auburn's football practice at the Woltosz Football Performance Center on Aug. 4, 2023.</p>

Justin Rogers (52), Marcus Harris (50) and Jayson Jones (99) standing at Auburn's football practice at the Woltosz Football Performance Center on Aug. 4, 2023.

Auburn defensive lineman Justin Rodgers was selected with the No. 244 pick in the seventh round of the NFL Draft by the Dallas Cowboys — one of five Tigers to hear their name called today. 

The defensive tackle enjoyed a four-year college career, with his first three seasons spent at Kentucky before transferring to the Plains prior to the start of the 2023 season.

In three years at Kentucky, Rodgers played in 33 games, tallied 60 total tackles and five tackles for a loss.

Rodgers senior season at Auburn started in a rotational role in which the defensive lineman recorded three tackles a piece against Cal and LSU. At the midpoint in the season, Rodgers got the start in the Tigers’ home game against Ole Miss – and didn't lose it the rest of the season – after amassing four tackles and a tackle for loss against the Rebels.

The Detroit native listed at 6-foot-2 and 330 pounds recorded a 24.5 inch vertical at the East-West Shrine Bowl. 

Rodgers joins defensive backs Nehemiah Pritchett (Seattle), Jaylin Simpson (Indianapolis), D.J. James (Seattle) and Marcus Harris (Houston) as Auburn's picks on Saturday – the first NFL draft since 2009 where the Tigers had multiple players selected, but zero on offense.

The now former Auburn Tiger will join the Dallas Cowboys who finished the 2023 season with a 12-5 record, won the NFC East and lost in the NFC Divisional Round of the NFL Playoffs to the Green Bay Packers. 

Patrick Bingham | Sports Editor

Patrick is a sophomore from Auburn, Alabama, double majoring in journalism and marketing. He started with The Plainsman in fall 2022.

Share and discuss “Auburn defensive lineman Justin Rodgers drafted by Dallas Cowboys” on social media.