Carlee Wallace named SEC Player of the Week

Auburn junior catcher Carlee Wallace was named the SEC’s Player of the Week, announced Tuesday afternoon. She joins Haley Fagan as the second Tiger to receive the honor in 2017.

Wallace led the Tigers with a team-best seven hits in Auburn’s weekend sweep over the No. 19 Georgia Bulldogs. Wallace fell one double short of the cycle in the Tigers’ 13-4 victory over UGA on Saturday, turning in a triple and a single in the rout. The sweep is the first in program history for Auburn in Athens. 

The Alpine, California native was unblemished leading off in innings over the weekend at 4 for 4. In the game two victory for Auburn, the catcher smacked a solo home run, her fifth homer of the year, in the first at-bat and second pitch of the evening to give the Tigers a 1-0 lead.

Reaching base safely in nine of 15 chances at the dish, Wallace extended her streak of four games in the categories of hitting and base-reaching. The junior has landed on base in 12 of her last 13 outings and 18 of the last 20.

Wallace led the Tigers with a .538 batting average in the series in Athens and leads the squad with a .402 average for the season. No. 5 Auburn will cap off their road-trip rodeo this Wednesday against Samford at Spain Park High School. The Tigers will return to Jane B. Moore this weekend for a three-game conference series against the Ole Miss Rebels. First pitch against the Bulldogs on Wednesday is set for 6 p.m. CST. 

Share and discuss “Carlee Wallace named SEC Player of the Week” on social media.