COLUMN: The quiet corners on campus

When the stress of college tries to break you down, and all you want to do is be alone, finding a quiet nook on the loveliest campus can be a mental-health lifesaver.

Here are a few places on campus where chilling is possible.

Not only that, but these places are also a great way to get some reading in, do last-minute homework or eat a meal in silence without your friends talking your ear off.

Third floor of the Student Center

This might be the most well-known one, but it is definitely a favorite.You can often find people wedged in-between one of the comfy couch edges with a textbook in hand.

The third floor of the Student Center is a common space where most people, key word being most, know that you are supposed to remain quiet.Unfortunately, there’s always that one girl who talks on her phone too loudly or the guy who watches his show without headphones.

In that case, put some room between yourself and them.

The Telfair B. Peet Theatre

There are a few little benches in the patch of grass by the theater and parking deck.

If you get the chance, go sit on one of those benches while everyone else is in class and enjoy the sites, nature sounds and fresh air.Sitting outside is so good for relaxing, and with a view of campus and the stadium, this might just be the best spot to enjoy some quiet time.

The secret hall in the Student Center near ABP

If you’re leaving ABP with the restaurant behind you, keep walking straight.

You will pass all of the couches and chairs on your right, and then, the next right you see will be a long, skinny hallway with some chairs and tables.Keep going. At the end of the hall, take a left and you will see yet another hall.Not many people know about this one, but it’s a great place for isolation.

Grab some food and a book, camp out here for a while and enjoy the quiet.

All of these places are great for getting away from everyone without having to go all the way home.Try these out and stay calm and relaxed during the busy school days.

Share and discuss “COLUMN: The quiet corners on campus” on social media.