Tiger Dining hosts All You Scare to Eat in celebration of Halloween

Tiger Dining hosted a Halloween themed buffet called “All You Scare to Eat” in Village Dining’s Tiger Zone on Tuesday evening. The event included a DJ, costume contest and a number of Halloween themed food.

“We wanted to give students an opportunity to be able to stay on campus and enjoy the Halloween celebrations,” said Tiger Dining's marketing assistant, Katie Peters.

Students who showed up in costumes were eligible to be entered in the Costume Contest and received a dollar off their all you can eat a meal.

A costume contest was held for those who came in costume, and the winner was determined by the loudest applause. The Costume Contest Winner was John Reppel, freshman in physics, who dressed up as a knight in replica battle gear. Reppel won an Auburn cooler filled with horror movies, candy and drinks. Every contestant received a small prize for entering and dressing up.

The Halloween themed buffet was completed with caramel and candied apples and “potions” for drinks.

Halloween themed decorations, movies and music were other attractions Tiger Dining offered at the event. The DJ for the event did karaoke with the students.Those who participated in karaoke with DJ Nellie received Halloween goody bags and were cheered on by the other students at the event.

“We really care about students, and we want to make dining an experience," Peters said. "That’s why we hold these events because it’s not just food, it’s a community. We’re a family; we’re the Auburn Family.”

Tiger Zone will host a carnival-themed buffet as their next event on Nov. 14.

“Student opinions are very important to us, and they are critical to ensuring that we are providing dining experiences that meet and exceed the needs and desires of our guests,” Peters said.

Share and discuss “Tiger Dining hosts All You Scare to Eat in celebration of Halloween” on social media.