Two suspects charged in mall smash-and-grab, police searching for a third

Markel Jason McDaniel, 33, and Benjamin Tremayne Pendleton, 27, both from Montgomery, Alabama, were arrested on first-degree felony theft of property charges

<p>Markel Jason McDaniel,&nbsp;left, and Benjamin Tremayne Pendleton, right, were arrested on felony charges of theft of property first degree.&nbsp;</p>

Markel Jason McDaniel, left, and Benjamin Tremayne Pendleton, right, were arrested on felony charges of theft of property first degree. 

The Auburn Police Division has charged two people and are searching for a third suspect in connection with a robbery at the Auburn Mall on Monday, according to police.  

Police arrested Markel Jason McDaniel, 33, and Benjamin Tremayne Pendleton, 27, both from Montgomery, Alabama, on felony charges of first-degree theft of property.

Pendleton was also charged with fleeing and attempting to elude police.

At approximately 3:30 p.m. on Monday, June 4, Auburn Police responded to a theft-in-progress call at an Auburn Mall business, police said.

Two male suspects entered Intrigue Jewelers inside the mall, according to WTVM. Police did not identify the exact location of the crime. The suspects then broke two glass display cases and stole jewelry items, police said,

Moments later, an Auburn Police Division officer located McDaniel and took him into custody after he fled the scene in a vehicle, police said. The remaining suspects fled.

Police took Pendleton into custody approximately two hours later after a foot pursuit, police said.

McDaniel is being held on a $5,000 bond for a parole violation for prior convictions for first-degree robbery and first-degree burglary in Montgomery. 

Pendleton remains in custody on a $5,100 bond.

The Auburn Police are searching for a third suspect. Anyone with information on his identity is encouraged to call detectives at (334) 501-3140 or the anonymous tip line (334) 246-1391. 

Share and discuss “Two suspects charged in mall smash-and-grab, police searching for a third” on social media.