SGA Senate members introduce dining options to be voted on in spring election

The student body now has the chance to choose the newest dining venue on campus.
Senators Walker Byrd and Elizabeth Moody introduced three options for students to vote on in the spring election at the SGA Senate meeting Monday, Feb. 2.
The three options to be voted on are Plains to Plate, Mell Street Cafe Powered by Freshens and Einstein's Bagels.
"You can spend your Tiger Card money anywhere on campus so why not choose where to spend it," Moody said.
According to Moody, the new dining hall will be on the bottom floor of the Academic Success Center on Mell Street. Construction will begin on it in 2016.
"Plains to Plate would turn into kind of a Plains to Plate 2.0," Moody said. "It would be expanded and revamped to be better than it is now."
Byrd said the Mell Street Cafe Powered by Freshens would mean much more than smoothies.
"Mell Street Cafe would have tons of great options like salads, crepes, flatbreads and rice bowls, and the potential for the Freshens headquarters to test out new options," Byrd said.
In other Senate news:
- Voted on and passed a referendum for the 2015 Final Lecture Selection.
The Final Lecture is given by a professor that has made contributions to the University and will be held on April 7, 2015
- Voted on and passed a referendum for a Constitutional Amendment Proposal to change the minimum GPA requirement for elected officials in SGA from a 2.25 to a 2.5.
"This is something we have been leaning towards for a while," said Senator Abby Lemons. "We want to encourage people to still have a strong academic responsibility in addiction to their extracurricular activities."
- Voted on and passed was a proposal to officially recognize Auburn as a Styrofoam-free campus.

Share and discuss “SGA Senate members introduce dining options to be voted on in spring election” on social media.