Cottonseed Studios to host Concourse South Music Festival

The first ever Concourse South Festival will take place on August 27 featuring local and nationally recognized music acts in Downtown Opelika. 

The festival, conceived and hosted by Cottonseed Studios, will feature two stages setup on North Railroad Avenue, outside of John Emerald's Distillery and Red Clay Brewing. 

Many genres will be featured at the festival including the classic country sound of B.B. Palmer, the rock Americana sound of the Banditos, and the surf-garage rock of Lady Legs. 

Other Auburn and Opelika favorites, such as Connor McCullum, Cherry Motel, and Bobby Rock N Roll will perform as well.

The shows begin at 12 p.m. 

Around 6 p.m. the headliners for the evening will begin their sets. 

Headliners for the festival include Becca Mancari a Nashville based americana act, Great Peacock, a  Nashville band self described as "pop-rock with folk tendencies," and Dave Ramirez, a singer-songwriter based in Austin, Texas.

Richard Patton, co-owner of Cottonseed Studios, intended for the festival to be slightly different than most festivals.

"We're flipping the tendency of a festival," Patton said. "We're doing full bands during the day, and as the night shifts we're converting into a seated courtyard listening environment, when it gets dark it will become a seated acoustic event."

Concourse South will feature a food court with vendors from across the southeast. 

There will also be a beer garden at the festival.

Tickets for the show are for sale as a pre-sale price of $10. The day of the event tickets will be sold for $20 to students and $30 for others. 

VIP tickets are also on sale for $50. 

Share and discuss “Cottonseed Studios to host Concourse South Music Festival” on social media.