10th-Annual Mayors Ball to benefit Boys & Girls Clubs

The 10th annual Mayors “Jeans & Jackets” Ball, which benefits the Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Lee County, will be held at the Event Center Downtown Opelika on April 30, at 6:30 p.m.

The event will be hosted by Auburn Mayor Bill Ham and Opelika Mayor Gary Fuller. A reception will begin at 6:30 p.m., followed by dinner at 7:30 p.m., and the evening will entail a silent auction and live entertainment from 1st Generation Band.

The Mayors Ball is the biggest of two benefit events for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Lee County, according to development director Tom Livers. The other event, a barbecue cook-off, will be held in late July.

“It really benefits the children,” Livers said. “It helps fund programs, and it pays for supplies [for activities and after-school programs].”

Livers said he is looking forward to the event and the entertainment provided. He also said the silent auction will have fantastic items up for grabs, including gift certificates, vacations to golf courses in Scotland and tickets to the Super Bowl, Final Four, among other items.

The event is elegant, evening/casual attire. More information on the ball and how to reserve a spot can be found at eventcenterdowntown.net or by calling 334-502-1311.

Share and discuss “10th-Annual Mayors Ball to benefit Boys & Girls Clubs” on social media.