Schlottmann to make PGA Tour debut at Barbasol Championship

Tigers' rising sophomore All-American Ben Schlottman will join two former Tigers, Blayne Barber and Patton Kizzire as he makes his PGA Tour debut with a sponsor’s exemption in The Barbasol at Grand National’s Lake Course July 16-19.

“I was really excited,” Schlottman said when he received the phone call. “You dream as a kid to play on the PGA Tour so being able to play in my first event is a good start. It’s even better because I will be able to use past experience playing the course well and also learn from new experiences playing in such a large event.”

Schlottman will have his best friend, Justin Lang, caddy for him as Lang caddied for him in last month’s Palmetto Amateur win. The Advance, North Carolina, native is currently playing in The Dogwood in Atlanta, and will play next week at The Players Amateur in Bluffton, South Carolina.

Schlottman is the first Auburn freshman to be named All-American as he was an honorable mention selection by Golfweek as well as being the first freshman named first-team All-SEC. He was the SEC Freshman of the Year and member of the Freshman All-SEC team.

He was one of five Tigers to be named NCAA All-Southeast Region as Auburn was one of only three teams in the nation along with No. 1 Illinois and No. 2 Texas to have five honorees.

Share and discuss “Schlottmann to make PGA Tour debut at Barbasol Championship ” on social media.