Students view first college football game of 2015 in Jordan-Hare

Auburn hosted students in Jordan-Hare Stadium on Thursday, Sept. 3, to watch the first college football game of 2015 on the new video board.

Hundreds of students sat on blankets draped across Pat Dye Field as they took in North Carolina versus South Carolina.

Students in attendance were thrilled that the athletic department opened the stadium for a viewing party.

“I think it’s awesome,” said Zach Pouncey, freshman in pre-pharmacy. “I think it’s an awesome opportunity to see the scoreboard.”

Trey Brown, junior in marine biology, said the size isn’t the only thing that stood out about the new $14 million video board.

“[The picture] is actually a lot more clear than the older one,” Brown said.

In addition to the new video board, the largest in college football, students got a preview of the new sound system installed in Jordan-Hare this offseason.

“It’s also pretty loud, but it’s not as loud as it could get,” said Sami Barazanji, freshman in pre-med. “I just want to see how loud it can get during the games.”

Brown agreed the sound is much improved.

“It doesn’t overpower itself and blare out,” Brown said.

Jesse Muckinhoupt, junior in international business, said he can’t wait to hear the sound system on game day.

“I can’t wait to hear it while the game’s going on,” Muckinhoupt said. “It’ll be good to hear.”

Tiger fans will get their first opportunity to see the new video board in game action on Sept. 12, when Auburn hosts Jacksonville State.

Share and discuss “Students view first college football game of 2015 in Jordan-Hare” on social media.