Thirteen members of equestrian team earn SEC accolades

Just days before the Auburn equestrian team competes in the NCEA National Championships, the SEC announced the recipients of its postseason awards.

In all, Auburn had 13 riders earn accolades, led by a duo of seniors. Elizabeth Benson was named Co-SEC Flat Rider of the Year, while Griffin Knight was named Co-SEC Horsemanship Rider of the Year. Benson finished the year without a loss in conference play, and she begins the National Championships as a First-Team All-American in Equitation on the Flat. Knight also earned First Team All-American honors as she enters the National Championships with a 12-2 record in Horsemanship.

A pair of freshmen also were honored. Caitlin Boyle was named SEC Freshman Rider of the Year in Fences and Flat, while Lauren Diaz took home the same award in Horsemanship.

Eight Tigers were awarded All-SEC honors, with Benson earning a spot for both Equitation over Fences and Equitation on the Flat. Freshmen Hayley Iannotti, Ashton Alexander and Boyle also earned spots on Fences, while juniors Tory Hoft and Ashley Foster were named to the Flat team.

Knight added to her accomplishments with an All-SEC accolade in Horsemanship, and Alexa Rivard earned a spot in Reining.

In addition, Auburn had seven freshmen named to the four SEC All-Freshman teams. Diaz and Megan Rauh were honored in Horsemanship, Blair McFarlin and Ali Fratessa placed on Reining, Boyle and Alexander earned spots on both the Equitation on the Flat and Fences teams, while Iannotti joined both of them on the Fences.

Share and discuss “Thirteen members of equestrian team earn SEC accolades” on social media.