Alabama junior senator reportedly makes Trump's VP shortlist

Alabama's junior senator Jeff Sessions is reportedly on Republican nominee Donald Trump's shortlist for vice-presidential picks.

Sessions was the first U.S. senator to endorse Trump in late February, days before the state's Super Tuesday primary. Trump carried every county in the state.

"Nobody is perfect," Sessions said in Madison, Alabama, February 28. "We can't have everything, can we, Mr. Trump? In my opinion, at this time in America's history, we need to make America great again. I am pleased to endorse Donald Trump for president."

Both Trump and former candidate Texas Sen. Ted Cruz sparred for Sessions' support during the early primary season, but ultimately Sessions chose Trump as his pick.

Trump and Sessions agree widely on immigration policy and border control. Sessions reportedly wrote part of Trump's immigration policy.

Earlier this week, the New York Post reported a list of Trump's likely picks for vice president. That list included Sessions, among others such as Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker and Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn.

“I think I’ll probably go the political route,” Trump said this month on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “Somebody that can help me with legislation and somebody that can help me get things passed and somebody that’s been friends with the senators and the congressmen and all.”

Share and discuss “Alabama junior senator reportedly makes Trump's VP shortlist” on social media.