Milo Yiannopoulos speaks at Foy Hall

Milo Yiannopoulos, Breitbart reporter and leader of the “alt-right” movement, came to campus to give a speech as part of his “Dangerous F*ggot” tour at Foy Hall Auditorium.

Cole Davis, president of the Auburn College Republicans, coordinated the event and presented a video featuring Yiannopoulos.

When Yiannopoulos took the stage he said the University of Alabama attempted to prevent him from speaking at Auburn.

“This is a new thing on college campuses,” Yiannopoulos said, “They’ll try and suggest that it’s dangerous to let me speak.”

“I get a lot of emails from boys, saying, ‘thank you, for saying what I can’t say, what I don’t have a platform to say, that I’m not invalidated by the color of my skin, or my gender, or my sexuality," Yiannopoulos said. "Thank you for fighting the powers that be’”

Yiannopoulos showed a slideshow called “Feminism is Cancer,” a criticism of “third-wave feminism” on college campuses.

“Smoking can take years and years to give a smoker lung cancer,” Yiannopoulos said. “College can give young women the cancer of feminism in as little as the first semester.”

Yiannopoulos said the unequal charity and media coverage provided for prostate cancer victims compared to breast cancer victims as a consequence of feminist action.

“There are 2.8 times as many stories about female cancers as male cancers [in news media]…probably because it has to do with t*ts,” Yiannopoulos said.

Yiannopoulos said his message was one of free speech.

“My mission in life is the total destruction of political correctness,” Yiannopoulos said. “My goal is that a white guy might be able to go on national television and quote hip-hop lyrics and not worry that his career might be over.”

Share and discuss “Milo Yiannopoulos speaks at Foy Hall” on social media.