Panhellenic and Best Buddies host trick-or-treaters

The University's Panhellenic sororities partnered with Best Buddies to host an early trick-or-treating event outside their chapter rooms in the Village.

Jill Moore, director of Greek Life, said every Panhellenic sorority contributed to the event and participated.

"Each sorority set up a table with treats and had a few members waiting in costumes," Moore said. "Best Buddies members came in their costumes and visited the sororities."

Best Buddies trick-or-treating has been a Panhellenic tradition for the past few years, Moore said.

"This event has been happening since 2010," Moore said. "It was a success and has become a perennial event we all look forward to."

Moore said the partnership came about when Panhellenic was approached by Best Buddies.

"The event began when representatives from Best Buddies approached Panhellenic officers with the idea," Moore said. "After that, it was just a matter of getting the sororities on board."

The partnership was a good fit for Panhellenic because so many members were already involved with the organization, Moore said.

"Many of the Auburn students who participate in Best Buddies are sorority women, so it was a natural fit," Moore said. "Best Buddies is such a fun group to spend time with and we appreciate the way they always provide the intermission performance at Greek Sing."

Moore said the event was a good opportunity to support the Best Buddies organization and meet new people.

"This is a great way to support a group of people in the community who mean a lot to us," Moore said.

Share and discuss “Panhellenic and Best Buddies host trick-or-treaters” on social media.