Auburn Men’s Golf Cards Top 5 Finish at All American Intercollegiate Tournament

No. 15 ranked Auburn Men’s Golf finished fifth at the All American Intercollegiate with a score of 1 over par 289 on Sunday and 2 under overall with a score of 862 for the tournament. The tournament took place at the par 72, 7,067 yard AAI Course at the Golf Club of Houston.

No. 8 Baylor won the tournament with a score of 836 which is 28 under par, while No. 1 Vanderbilt came in 2nd with a score 841 and 23 under par.

For Auburn, All-SEC senior Matt Gilchrest paced the Tigers at 3 under to tie for 13th place. He birdied holes 12-13-14 on the last day of the tournament to card a 2 under 70. Sophomore Trace Crowe and Freshman Jovan Rebula shot even par 216’s to tie for 25th. Sophomore Jacob Soloman tied for 37th with a 219 3 over par, while Senior Will Long shot 6 over 222 to tie for 56th Senior Ryan Benton played as an individual in the tournament and tied for 37th with Soloman.

Cooper Dossey of Baylor won Low Medalists honors for the tournament. He carded a 68-66-72 to finish with a score of 206 and 10 under par.

Auburn will host the Tiger Invitational at Grand National in Opelika on March 5-7. The tournament is sponsored by Jason Dufner.

Share and discuss “Auburn Men’s Golf Cards Top 5 Finish at All American Intercollegiate Tournament” on social media.