Auburn Panhellenic receives top national award

Out of more than 600 other organizations, the women of Auburn’s Panhellenic have earned the highest possible award that a college can win from the National Panhellenic Conference.

The College Panhellenic Excellence Award recognize women who demonstrate success in areas of academics, recruitment, communication with their NPC advisor, judicial procedures and Panhellenic operations, administration, programming, community impact and relations.

“With over 4,000 women and an average GPA of 3.32, our sorority members are engaged on campus and committed to philanthropic works,” said Auburn’s Director of Greek Life Jill Martin. “Our Panhellenic leaders have challenged and encouraged the community toward success and I am proud of their accomplishments.”

Before the NPC, Auburn Panhellenic students created a packet that showcased their accomplishments and activities over the past academic year. Highlights from this year’s packet included the organization’s collaboration on events like Greek sing and Panhellenic convocation, along with their academic achievement and member retention.

“This recognition is a testament to the work our Panhellenic leaders have done to move our community in the right direction,” Martin said.

This October, representatives from Auburn Panhellenic will receive a plaque of recognition during the annual NPC “Celebrating Panhellenic Excellence” luncheon. Nineteen other campus Panhellenics, including the University of Alabama at Birmingham and William and Mary which both have Auburn alumnae advisors, will also receive the award.

“Our Panhellenic members continue to excel in areas such as academics, recruitment, community engagement and more,” said Panhellenic graduate assistant Lindsay Ollis. “I couldn't be more proud of our Panhellenic women for being recognized.”

Share and discuss “Auburn Panhellenic receives top national award” on social media.