Opelika police warn about man impersonating officer

<p>Police tape on North Gay Street in Auburn, Ala., on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2016.&nbsp;</p>

Police tape on North Gay Street in Auburn, Ala., on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2016. 

Earlier this morning, the Opelika Police Department received a complaint of impersonating a police officer from a woman driving on North Uniroyal Road, according to a release from the department.

At approximately 12:45 a.m., the victim saw white a Dodge Charger behind her, which then turned on blue strobe lights in the car. The victim pulled to the side of the road and the suspect approached her vehicle. 

He identified himself as a police officer and asked for her personal information.

The suspect then directed the victim to exit her vehicle so he could search it. The victim exited her car and the suspect searched through the passenger area.

After a few moments, the suspect told the victim to “Have a nice day” and drove away. He was last seen driving on North Uniroyal Road towards Columbus Parkway.

The suspect is described as a white male. He was approximately 6 feet tall with a large, muscular build. He was described as having short blond hair in a “high and tight” style haircut.

He was last seen wearing a dark blue short-sleeve shirt and dark blue pants. He had some type of a badge on his shirt. He had a firearm and some type of pepper spray on his belt.

The police are advising anyone who may have seen, or been contacted by this suspect to please call their investigative services division at 334-705-5220. You may also call their secret witness hotline at 334-745-8665.

Share and discuss “Opelika police warn about man impersonating officer” on social media.