SGA launches new football ticketing website

Students who have yet to purchase football tickets or want to get guest passes for certain games will soon have a new way to do so. 

With the help of the Office of Information Technology and Auburn Athletics, Auburn Student Government Association will launch their new ticketing website Thursday, Aug. 24.

“We definitely hope the website will be very user-friendly and that people are going to very easily do what they need to do whether it's requesting tickets, getting tickets or giving them back,” said Erica Seymore, project coordinator for Campus Web Solutions.

Seymore worked with three OIT co-op students, Sumin Beasley, Achille Heraud and Hunter Simpson, who coded and developed the website specifically to SGA's requests.

Simpson explained that the new website, found in every student's "My Campus" tab on AU Access, will list the tickets and guest pass they have for each game and allow them to submit requests for either on the homepage.

Under the "My Penalties" tab, students will also be able to see penalty points they have accumulated for missing games and allow them to appeal to have them taken away up to three days after receiving the infraction.

Penalty points will be used to ensure a full student section. Receiving four penalty points will result in a student losing post-season ticket eligibility, as well as being lower on the priority scale for the following year.

• No penalty for students that return their unwanted tickets to the ticket pool by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday night before the game.
  • One point will be given if the student returned their ticket by 5 p.m. on the Friday before the game.
  • Two points will be given if the student does not return their ticket before 5 p.m. on Friday and doesn't attend the game before the beginning of the 2nd quarter.

Students who have questions about the ticket acquiring process, penalty point system or anything else related to football tickets can submit queries to Auburn Answers, SGA's University-wide feedback system run by AVP of Outreach Feedback for SGA Joey Wirtes.

Queries to Auburn Answers can be submitted to several feedback stations around campus or over the internet, Wirtes explained, and will provide feedback within a 48-hour-window to any issues students may have.

“It’s just a good sense of accountability to the student body," Wirtes said. "SGA has a complete understanding of the ticketing system so that we can help students with whatever questions they might have."

EVP of Programs for SGA Faith Webb hopes that the new website will alleviate problems with the ticketing system that students have expressed concern over in previous years.

The initial changes to ticketing penalties and regulations came spring 2017 when SGA released an email detailing said changes. The website was one of the points referenced in the list of changes that the SGA said it hoped would fill more seats in the student section. 

"We made the system completely off of feedback from students in years past," Webb said. "We would love to keep getting that feedback to make changes in coming years."

Share and discuss “SGA launches new football ticketing website ” on social media.