Calling all artists: Auburn Arts Association hosts 19th annual Juried Arts Exhibition

The promotion of creativity continues in the Auburn community with the Auburn Arts Association's upcoming 19th annual Juried Arts Exhibition.  

The exhibition will be Oct. 4 through Nov. 22, at the Jan Dempsey Community Arts Center, open to all artists 18 years of age and older.  

In order to be featured, artists must pay a one-time fee of $25.  Each artist may submit two original works in any art medium that have been completed within the last two years.

Artists' works should be delivered to the JDCAC at 222 East Drake Ave. on Friday, Sept. 22, from 10 a.m.–4 p.m., or Saturday, Sept. 23, from 10 a.m.–4 p.m.  All forms, including the entry and notification cards, should be completed and delivered with the entry fee and works during the drop-off times.  Checks should be made payable to the Auburn Arts Association. 

Artists will be notified by phone or email by Sept. 30 whether their works were accepted, and the works not accepted can be picked up on Oct. 6, from the Community Center. 

Awards will be presented at a reception at the arts center after the close of the exhibition on Nov. 22. The time of the ceremony is to be announced.  Sales of the art are encouraged, with no commission assessed by the Arts Association. Works not sold should be picked up by Nov. 30. 

More specific guidelines for the art, as well as the calendar of deadlines and events, can be found on the informational packet provided on the JDCAC tab of the Auburn, Alabama, website.  

Share and discuss “Calling all artists: Auburn Arts Association hosts 19th annual Juried Arts Exhibition ” on social media.