UPC hosts Pumpkin Palooza on Cater Lawn

Fall festivities were in full swing at Auburn as students gathered on Cater Lawn for this year's pumpkin palooza. The fun began for after students after they scanned their TigerCards, allowing their admittance into the patch. 

There were pumpkins, pumpkin spiced coffee, trending music and decoration stations available to students. At the decoration stations, students were encouraged to paint and glitter their pumpkins to their heart’s content. 

All of the four hundred pumpkins were provided for the event and brought to the University by local pumpkin patch owner Rob Crosby. To steer from a traditional fall event UPC decided to do away with a Jack-O-Lantern carving station.

“Pumpkin Palooza already feels like an Auburn tradition, and having it on Cater Lawn makes it feel more like we’ve been doing this forever,” said Special Projects Committee member Kendall Adkison.

Pumpkin Palooza created quite the buzz around campus. Sophomore, Addison Ortenberg was walking by and heard the music, which led her to decide to come check it out. Ortenberg said it was very interesting that people were painting the pumpkins instead of carving them. The idea is carving takes too much time, and painting gives people more creative freedom. 

After she encouraged students to attend future UPC events, Ortenberg said, “Thanks to this event, I feel like Fall is finally here on The Plains."

Share and discuss “UPC hosts Pumpkin Palooza on Cater Lawn” on social media.