National Geographic photographer Joel Sartore shares his collection on March 2

Auburn University will feature conservationist Joel Sartore as he shares his insights into the National Geographic Photo Ark, his collection of images that capture the world’s rarest animals, on Friday, March 2.

Sartore is a photographer for National Geographic.

Sartore will begin his visit with a public keynote in Foy Hall Auditorium at 4 p.m. The keynote is open to the public and doors will open at 3:30 p.m.

He will offer a behind-the-scenes look at the photo ark and discuss issues affecting wildlife and their habitats. Sartore has a passion for protecting endangered species and will share his experiences capturing the iconic images of these animals before they disappear.

“Expedition Auburn” is the second program of the day and will be held at the Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Art at 6 p.m. It is a seated dinner with Sartore hosted at the museum.

“Joel Sartore’s presence will bring Audubon’s 19th century notion of creating an encyclopedic collection of animals into the 21st century,” said Marilyn Laufer, museum director. “Not only does Sartore create stunning photographic portraits of these animals, but he also uses his visuals to convince us that we all need to be deeply concerned about the future of these diverse species who share our planet.”

Reservations are required for “Expedition Auburn,” and tickets may be purchased by calling 334-844-3085 or visiting https://aub.ie/mxjUjb. Tickets are $150 per person and $2,000 per table.

Share and discuss “National Geographic photographer Joel Sartore shares his collection on March 2” on social media.