Uber Eats, Waitr add new food delivery options for Auburn

You can now have food delivered to you using Uber Eats or Waitr

<p>Uber Eats launched in Auburn and Montgomery on Aug. 16, the company announced.</p>

Uber Eats launched in Auburn and Montgomery on Aug. 16, the company announced.

Uber Eats has launched in Auburn, the company announced Thursday. The addition of the new delivery service comes after Waitr, another app-based food delivery service, launched in Auburn and Opelika earlier this month.

Both Uber Eats and Waitr give users the capability to order food from a variety of restaurants in the area using a smartphone app. They then send a driver to your door with the food.

Waitr launched in 2015 and has quickly expanded to serve more than 200 cities in the South, including other Alabama cities like Montgomery, Birmingham, Tuscaloosa, Hoover, Mobile, Huntsville, Prattville and Madison.

The Uber Eats app is free to download, offering menus from restaurants including Pho Lee, The Depot, Pita Pit, Quixotes, Amsterdam Cafe, and D Square Donuts in Auburn, among others.

Uber drivers are already on the road in Montgomery and Auburn, and the average delivery times for Auburn are around 35 minutes after placing an order.

Dozens of Auburn and Opelika restaurants have signed with Waitr, which is also free to download, including Wild Wing Cafe, Hamilton's, Momma Goldberg's, El Patron, The Mason Jar, Rock N Roll Sushi, Newk's, Gigi's Cupcakes and Taziki's, the company said.

“The Auburn and Opelika communities and restaurant owners saw the excitement and success of our food delivery in its nearby cities and wanted to be part of it,” said Whitney Savoie, market development director for Waitr. “We’re thrilled we can now meet that demand here.”

More are expected to be added.

Through August 19, you can get your food delivered free using Waitr by using the promo code “THEPLAINS” at checkout. The service operates on a $5 flat delivery fee with no minimum purchases or required distance charges. The menus in the app are the same as in the restaurant.

Uber Eats is currently charging a $4.99 booking fee for its deliveries in the Auburn area, according to the app.

Both offer live monitoring of deliveries.

Share and discuss “Uber Eats, Waitr add new food delivery options for Auburn” on social media.