Ron Howard is evil ... or maybe just a bad director

Here we go again.

Someone let Ron Howard out of his cage.

No, Opie Taylor is not lambasting Andy Griffith for keeping on that slacker Don Knotts. Instead, Ronny is defending his forthcoming film, "Angels and Demons."

In a blog written by Howard in The Huffington Post he says neither he nor Tom Hanks are anti-catholic.

Howard wrote, "And let me be a little controversial: I believe Catholics, including most in the hierarchy of the Church, will enjoy the movie for what it is: an exciting mystery, set in the awe-inspiring beauty of Rome."

Well since you won't pull off the kiddie gloves Ronny, I will.

None of this being a "little controversial" stuff. I'm swinging for the Vatican parking lot on this one.

(Do you think the Pope has his own parking spot? Does it read "His Holiness only? Or something like "Park here and HE shall smote thee")

By now we all know the stir Howard's first film inspired by a Dan Brown novel caused.

Brown, Howard and Hanks were hailed as heathen's responsible for the destruction of a Christian society.

I think Nostradamous predicted fire and lightning would rain down from the heavens when it broke $200 million in gross sales.

But nothing happened in 2006.

Now, Howard is tempting fate again. He's looking God in the eye and saying, "I'm going to make the second most under-acheiving film - da Vinci wasn't lame enough - and I don't care what You do,"

I'm pretty sure it's the ginger in him that gives him the gusto to pull off such an act.

Sure, we can call Howard anti-Catholic, but we should take it a step further and call Howard what he is -- anti-everything.

Howard's made many films, so I did a little investigative reporting to find out what else he hates.

Apparently he's anti-government since he produced "Frost/Nixon." Hooray for anarchy!

He's anti-monkeys as well. Bet you didn't know that! He had a hand in producing "Curious George" so he must be all for the broad abuse of animals by men in ridiculous hats.

What really got me heated was when I found out he was anti-rock music. He was an executive producer on the film, "The Doors," and was less than flattering in painting a picture of Jim Morrison.

The tagline of the film was enough; "The Ultimate Story of Sex, Drugs and Rock 'N' Roll."

Mr. Morrison did no such things. It was more like "The ultimate story of vegetables, prayer and repentance."

That Ron Howard is a bad man. He makes so many questionable films.

While he may make some bad films, Howard is not the mastermind everyone wants to make him out to be.

Even if he is, who cares? The poor guy had to survive Mayberry for season upon season.

And lay off Hanks as well. If we can't trust in Woody, who can we believe in?

Share and discuss “Ron Howard is evil ... or maybe just a bad director” on social media.