Anxious for Chizik-style Football

Only 83 days until the most wonderful time of the year ... Auburn football season. The first weekend in September will most likely be smoldering. However, 87,451 people will be busting down the gates of Jordan-Hare Stadium to watch new head coach, Gene Chizik, lead the Tigers into their first play of the game.

For me, football season is always an excuse to go shopping. Game day dresses are a necessity for the quintessential Auburn woman. Before coming to Auburn, I never knew how many dresses came in orange and blue.

Although wearing fun dresses to the game is a plus, I love everything about the football experience. There is no place in the world I would rather be on a Saturday than Jordan-Hare. I get a buzz from the smells, the people, the shakers - the Auburn spirit.

The way we do things around here is unlike any other school. Watching the Tennessee band play "Rocky top" just does not compare to "Sweet Caroline," "Eye of the Tiger" or "Livin' on a Prayer."

Yelling our cheers, watching the eagle fly and the band run out onto the field gives me chills every time.

Truth be told, I grew up a Georgia Bulldog. Please keep the booing to a minimum. However, it took me about 0.2 seconds to fall in love with all things Auburn once I stepped foot into the stadium. I also fell in love with Tommy Tuberville.

With Tuberville gone, I think it is crucial for the student body to rally behind our new head coach. Chizik was a member of the 2004 SEC Championship coaching staff, so in my book he's all right. Now is the time to welcome Chizik back into the Auburn family and stay close to one another. It will be the Iron Bowl before we know it.

Alabama has been sitting high and mighty all year in Tuscaloosa. As Auburn's student body, we need to be a united front, and put them back in their place.

I think it is safe to assume that Chizik is ready to show Auburn fans around the nation what he has to offer. A winning season all inclusive with a victory against the Crimson Tide would be the best scenario for Chizik.

No matter how the season turns out, I look forward to making new traditions with our new head coach. "War eagle," to you, Coach Chizik.

Share and discuss “Anxious for Chizik-style Football” on social media.