Tailgaters Now Rent Spots This Football Season

The Auburn University Student Center is offering football fans the option to tailgate in a new way this 2009 season.

This year is the first time people will be able to rent luxury accommodations in the Student Center that include balconies, patio spaces and indoor suites for tailgating purposes during home football games Saturdays this fall.

"Indoor tailgating at the Auburn University Student Center is such an exciting tailgating opportunity," said Andrea Conti, supervisor of Reservations Department Division of Student Affairs. "Customers can share the tailgating experience with their friends and family without the burden of a setup or a cleanup. We are on the doorstep of Jordan-Hare Stadium, making us a perfect choice for game days."

The idea is for people to take advantage of the service being offered by the Auburn University Student Center. People will be allowed to arrive three hours before kick-off and enjoy having all of their tailgating needs such as setting up, cooking and cleaning the aftermath handled for them by University staff.

"There are still suites available, so call and reserve your spot today," said Rachel Hyink, reservations specialist of Student Center Operations.

The suites have air conditioning, flat-screen televisions, catered food and clean restrooms. Each suite is also an alcohol-free atmosphere because it is being held inside an Auburn University building.

"It is an alternative to a normal tailgating experience that offers a clean, secure and alcohol-free atmosphere," said Darren S. Chamlee, manager of Facility Operations and Student Center Operations.

There are nine different suite locations that consist of three balcony suites at $500 per game and four outdoor patio locations at $300 per game. The indoor suites include the Student Center Ballroom for $1200 per game and The Panoramic View Room for $300 per game.

"We would be willing to work on a package price for the space if someone wanted it for the whole season," Conti said.

The balcony suites are catered. The third floor suite holds 40 people, has a stadium view and several seating arrangements. One balcony suite on the second floor holds 30 people and also has a stadium view with seating arrangement options also. The other balcony suite on the second floor holds 65 people with permanent seating arrangements and an indoor lounge with a flat-screen television.

The four outdoor patio locations are not catered. They are located on the first floor of the Student Center and offer covered patios and a stadium view with a fixed seating area.

Both of the indoor suites are catered. The Student Center Ballroom has a large projection screen along with four 54-inch flat-panel televisions and can hold 550 people seated or a reception of 1,500 people. The Panoramic View Room is smaller with the capacity for 20 people. It has a 360 degree view of campus and one large flat-panel television.

The Student Center is a new building located at the center of campus on the east side of Jordan-Hare Stadium. The game day suites are available to students, fans, professors and anyone else who is willing to pay to rent one. For more information, call 334-844-1300.

Share and discuss “Tailgaters Now Rent Spots This Football Season” on social media.