Auburn Celebrates College Colors Day

Gov. Bob Riley has declared tomorrow is College Colors Day in Alabama.

College Colors Day is a national movement of students wearing their college or university's school colors to help kick off the college football season.

The movement encourages Auburn fans to wear orange and blue throughout the day.

The University has announced that tomorrow will be an All Auburn, All Orange day.

Kelley White, a sophomore, said she definitely thinks encouraging students to wear Auburn blue and orange before athletic events gets people pumped.

White said she thinks it says good things about Auburn when people see the photos and everyone looks like they support the school.

"I think it's great, it gets everyone involved, everyone's excited," said Kenny Quinlan, a sophomore in finance, about organizations that are independent of universities getting involved in college athletics. "It's another competitive aspect to campus."

All Auburn, All Orange T-shirts can be purchased at retailers around Auburn.

Some of the proceeds earned by the sale of the All Auburn All Orange T-shirts go to support student scholarship programs and the SGA Big Event program.

"That's amazing," Quinlan said about the proceeds from the All Auburn, All Orange T-shirts going to scholarships. "I mean, not only do you get school spirit, you get more money for scholarships. It's the best of both worlds."

All Auburn All Orange events include: Auburn football vs. Louisiana Tech, Sept. 5 at 6 p.m.; Auburn soccer vs. Missouri, Sept. 11 at 7 p.m.; Auburn volleyball vs. LSU, Sept. 25 at 6 p.m.; Auburn swimming and diving vs. Alabama, Oct. 9 at 5 p.m.; Auburn equestrian vs. Texas A&M, Oct. 16 at 3 p.m.; Auburn football vs. Kentucky, Oct. 17; and Auburn football vs. Alabama, Nov. 27.

The Big Event program is a day of service that the SGA sponsors in order to give back to the Auburn community.

Share and discuss “Auburn Celebrates College Colors Day” on social media.