Your View: Fan angry about past Mountaineer behavior

Editor, The Auburn Plainsman

I am a proud life member of the Alumni Association and love my Tigers.

Last fall, I went on the Total Sports Travel trip to the West Virginia game.

I must admit, I was excited about the prospect of the trip, going to West Virginia for the first time and hoping that our boys would win.

How the trip ended is another story.

After the game was over, many of us were treated so rudely by the students of West Virginia.

One of them spit on one of the Alumni Association's representative as she was walking back to the bus. I wish I knew her name.

An elderly gentleman who was traveling with his wife had some drunk ass jump on his back as they returned to the bus.

This old man had the beginning stages of Alzheimer's disease and it was obvious that this would be the last season he could probably travel to the games. In other words, he was becoming feeble.

We all agreed on the bus ride back to the airport that West Virginia students are the absolute worst in regard to hospitality, politeness, manners and sportsmanship. The adults, however, could not make us feel welcome enough.

So as I was looking at this week's game shirt by Tiger Rags, I noticed that nowhere on the shirt is West Virginia mentioned. Not even a logo.

I want to thank you.

I truly believe that the Alumni Association realized that to give these idiots any type of recognition is to give them what they want: attention.

What they did was so incredibly inexcusable that I'd rather not even acknowledge that I've even heard of West Virginia. Let's ignore these jackasses and be the proud Auburn family that we are, known for our friendliness.

I really understand that you, like the government, can probably neither confirm nor deny what I just stated, but I'll always believe I'm right about this.

Dr. Kelley P. Black

Class of '84 alumnus

Share and discuss “Your View: Fan angry about past Mountaineer behavior” on social media.