Commission Elects New Officials

In addition to typical business, the Planning Commission also held elections during its Jan. 16 meeting.

"The nine members are appointed by the mayor with confirmation by the City council for 6-year terms," said Warren McCord, planning commission member. "Our bylaws say we select our own officers. So what we did tonight was reaffirm Dr. Sparrow as the chair and the vice chair, who was absent today, Mr. Williams."

Twelve Stones Holding Co. LLC was granted preliminary plat approval for a residential subdivision consisting of approximately 63.4 acres of land off of Lee County Road 56. These lots will not be able to be subdivided without meeting city requirements, such as putting in public streets.

Moores Mill Golf Club was granted a preliminary plat approval for the development of lots to be used for a single-family subdivision.

"We have residential areas which allow people to live there in one living unit which is bedrooms, kitchen, cooking facilities and that sort of thing," McCord said. "And you have to be related by blood, marriage or adoption and one other person. That pretty well describes the single-family neighborhoods."

Multi-family neighborhoods are those in which the residents do not have to be related.

The difference between the two is significant in Auburn.

The city of Auburn is also working on expanding the Frank Brown Community Recreation Center to include a senior center.

Share and discuss “Commission Elects New Officials” on social media.