Auburn swim and dive starts off with a splash

The Auburn football team isn't the only team with championship aspirations this season.

The Auburn swim and dive team has won 14 straight SEC titles and is working on its 15th.

The women's swim team recently came off a big victory at rival Alabama, with a score of 169-74, while the men's team fell short in a close 133-110 meet.

Each of the four Auburn divers scored NCAA Zone qualifying scores in both the one-meter and three-meter springboards.

The team has been preparing for this season and will try to improve every week.

"We're going to use this fall to build a solid foundation," said dive coach Jeff Shaffer. "We're going to try new dives and make the corrections we need to as the season progresses. We're going to step up and compete, build off our strengths and find our weaknesses and correct them. We're working for that SEC title and this team has what it takes to compete for championships. We were successful at Alabama, and we'll build off that victory and prepare for LSU."

The Tigers host LSU at 3 p.m. Friday in the Student Activities Center, and the Auburn women face Notre Dame at 3 p.m. in a tri-meet.

This will be LSU's and Notre Dame's first meet.

LSU held a preseason intrasquad scrimmage in September to warm up for the season ahead.

Two Auburn swim and dive team wins this weekend could help build the foundation for another championship year for the Auburn Tigers.

Share and discuss “Auburn swim and dive starts off with a splash” on social media.