Championship gear remains strong in AU bookstore

A month after the game, the Auburn Bookstore was still cluttered with everything from $5 huggers to more than $100 replicas of the national championship trophy--anything that displays the BCS logo.

The BCS national championship logo won't be hard to find in the Auburn Bookstore. In fact, the BCS national championship logo is displayed on nearly every item, especially the items that people seem to be admiring.

"Everything has been selling," said Teresa Dickman, giftware buyer for the Auburn Bookstore. "Winning the national championship has helped our business exponentially. If someone hasn't built a man cave dedicated to Auburn yet, they're about to."

From the No. 2 jerseys identifying Auburn's Heisman award winner to souvenir car tags, the Auburn Bookstore's business has been booming for the past month.

"Collectables are probably our best sellers," Dickman said. "Everyone especially wants limited edition memorabilia."

Though Dickman said it depends on the product, most things have been re-ordered within the last month. Glass plaques and prints with the Auburn 14-0 season record have been very popular in the bookstore.

Currently, glassware is selling rapidly in the giftware department. There is even a three-week wait for a glass Auburn mug that displays the BCS logo, Dickman said.

Besides glassware, a popular item at the bookstore is a replica of the gold coin flipped at the BCS national championship game. The coin is kept in a velvet box and displays the BCS national championship logo.

"There were only 5,000 of these made," Dickman said.

Another highly demanded item, currently being displayed in the middle of the bookstore, is a Wilson football, the same football brand used in the national championship game.

"Wearing our national championship shirts shows our school pride," said Cary Bayless, sophomore in English and Spanish.

Plenty of Auburn hats and sweatshirts hang in the clothing department of the bookstore, but multiple racks of orange and blue T-shirts seem to be occupying every hanger.

"Our best selling shirt is definitely one with the slogan, 'This is How We Roll,'" said Piper Schouten, Auburn Bookstore employee who sells items on the Internet.

T-shirts are a best-seller among Auburn fans Schouten said.

"The Auburn Bookstore doesn't plan on ending our sale of national championship gear, we plan on continuing sales throughout the year," Dickman said.

Share and discuss “Championship gear remains strong in AU bookstore” on social media.